Your entry will not be complete until you have filled out your entry form, paid your entry fee, uploaded your documents, and filled out your biography.
General AWDF Championship Rules
- The trial/stadium field and tracking grounds are off limits to all handlers for 2 weeks prior to the competition.
- Championship helpers may not work any dogs entered in the championship fourteen days before the event and until the Championship trial activities are complete.
- During practice you may use food or toys on the field. Please be careful not to leave any food on the field. E-collars and pinch collars maybe used in sportsmanlike manner during the practice session, along with other normal training equipment such as leashes and long lines. After the official start of the trial (draw night) e-collars and pinch collars are no longer allowed at the venue, including the parking lot, etc.
- Anyone not cleaning up after their dog or causing property damage at the event venue or host hotel is subject to dismissal from the trial and forfeiture of entry fees.
- Handers are expected to conduct themselves in a sportsman-like manner. Actions deemed unsportsman-like toward practice personnel, trial help or officials, or another competitor or their dogs may be grounds for dismissal from the championship with no refund of entry fees.
- You must have current membership in your AWDF breed or sport club and be in good standing with the AWDF.
- You may enter through your breed club or sport club.
- Your dog must be 18 months old.
- You must have an AWDF or FCI recognized scorebook.
- Your entry and scorebook must be approved by your breed or sport club.
- Take note of information on the AWDF website (www.awdf.net) under “How to” and particularly this section: What titles are accepted by AWDF member clubs and to enter the AWDF IGP Championship?
- USCA trial results and titles after October 1, 2019 until December 6, 2022 cannot be accepted by other AWDF clubs or to enter the AWDF IGP Championship or to qualify for the FCI IGP FH team.
- Titles earned at GSDCA trials are allowed. GSDCA has accepted USCA titles.
- USCA has agreed to retroactively accept DVG titles.
- Dogs may earn their IGP 3 at the AWDF IGP Championship if they have an accepted IGP 2 title.
- If you have questions about titles and eligibility to enter, contact your individual club. Entries that do not meet the title requirement will be denied and entry fees cannot be refunded.
- Practice times will be scheduled. All trial equipment (obedience and protection) will be in place.
- You must be entered in the trial and fees paid to add your name to the sign-up sheet. Depending on the number of entries, practice may be one or two days.
- Each person will be given 5 minutes for an obedience session and 5 minutes for a protection session. You are encouraged to sign up in groups to allow for more time on the field.
- Please practice good sportsmanship when using the wall, jump etc.
- You must provide your own helper and their equipment.
- You may use food or toys on the field. Please be careful not to leave any food on the field. E-collars and pinch collars maybe used in sportsmanlike manner during the practice session, along with other normal training equipment such as leashes and long lines. After the official start of the trial (draw night) e-collars and pinch collars are no longer allowed at the venue, including the parking lot, etc.
- All competitors must attend the draw.
- The draw will be conducted in catalog order.
- You must present your original scorebook at the draw. Photocopies will not be accepted. Be sure you have room in your scorebook for the trial entry.
- If you have a bitch in season, notify the trial chairman as soon as possible, they will be shown according to draw order for part A of the trial. In B and C phases, they will be placed at the end of the starting order and can only be shown after all other dogs have completed the B and C phases.
- No trading of draw positions will be permitted.